WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE TIME TO FOCUS ON YOUR HEALTH
The United States spends more money by a wide margin than any other country on health care. Our health care system is set up to keep us from dying, not thriving. Our average life span barely makes it in the top 30 when compared to other nations. As it stands now, the American health care system is poorly equipped to help us maximize our health span. Health span is defined as a period of time in which a person is generally healthy and free from serious disease.
Health care costs in America continue to increase without actual positive change in our health status as consumers. It is imperative that we take a leadership role in our own health care by continuing to be proactive. Part of being proactive is learning how to care for and manage common non-life threatening injuries and illnesses. The medical system is not designed to help you to maximize your health and well-being. It is designed to prevent you from dying and to maximize profits for the corporatocracy that controls our health care system. It is imperative that we manage our health by learning how to self-treat non-life threatening and non-emergent injuries and illnesses.
6 Reasons Why You Should Take Time to Focus on Your Health:
- Money – Health care is expensive. Many of the most common treatments and fancy diagnostic methods are not necessary. Costs are only going to rise more in the future. As this occurs, it will be even more important to be able to take care of the simple common place injuries and illnesses. It will save you a lot of time and money!
- Empowerment – There is nothing more important than your health. You have control of most of the aspects in your life that affect your health status. Taking care of yourself and your health needs leads to a sense of empowerment.
- Improved Care – If you understand how to be healthy and take care of yourself, you will be able to assist your medical practitioner in making the best decision on how to manage your care. Remember, it is your body and your health. Being your own advocate will insure that you receive quality care.
- Quicker Recovery Time – Often by taking out the middle man, you can help to increase the speed of recovery. You can address the condition and help your body to initiate the healing response to insure a faster recovery.
- Emergency Situations – You never know when an emergency, such as a motor vehicle accident or inclement weather, may occur. You may experience an injury or illness during a camping trip when resources are a far distance away. In the event of an emergency situation, you will be knowledgeable and equipped to take care of yourself and your loved ones. (If necessary, please seek appropriate medical assistance as soon as possible.)
- Healthy Living – Take the time to focus on your health. Often, small changes in your diet, activity level, and relationships can make a big difference. You can take control of your health and your life!
There is nothing more important than your health. You have control over most of the aspects in your life that affect your health and well-being. Take charge, and empower yourself. Youmust be your greatest advocate. Western medicine is designed to keep you alive, not to help you thrive. Taking a passive role in your health is not a wise choice in America’s current health care environment. Only you are responsible for your health. Decisions now will determine how successful you age in the future.
Source: Age Gracefully America, By Ben Shatto